International Association of Fire Fighters – Financial Corporation
Nationwide® Retirement Solutions (Nationwide) makes payments to the International Association of Fire Fighters – Financial Corporation (IAFF-FC) in return for the value of services and endorsements that IAFF-FC performs generally for all its members related to Nationwide's products and services. Those payments are also for the use of IAFF-FC's logo and endorsement in connection with Nationwide's products and services. IAFF-FC's services and endorsement include:
- Dedicated staff to oversee and support the endorsement relationship.
- IAFF-FC's exclusive endorsement of Nationwide's products and services sold in the IAFF Frontline Deferred Compensation Program, an IRS Code Section 457(b) plan.
- Opportunities to promote the relationship at multiple state and national IAFF conferences.
- Advertising promoting the Nationwide/IAFF-FC relationship on the IAFF-FC website and in IAFF magazines and materials.
- Introductions and access to IAFF leaders and members across the country to promote the benefits of Nationwide's products and services.
IAFF-FC chose to endorse Nationwide because it believed Nationwide to be qualified to provide the retirement education, investment choices and service for public employees. IAFF-FC's endorsement is based on its ongoing evaluation and review of the products and services offered by Nationwide. IAFF members benefit generally from IAFF-FC's oversight and ongoing evaluation of the program to keep it competitive for public employees. IAFF members are free to choose Nationwide or any other provider of retirement products and services.
This should not be considered an endorsement by IAFF-FC of Nationwide Investment Advisors, LLC (NIA) or its provision of advice, or a reflection of any IAFF-FC member's experience as a client of NIA. NIA is not a party to the endorsement arrangement between Nationwide Retirement Solutions (NRS) and IAFF-FC. NIA has not engaged IAFF-FC to solicit retirement plan participants as clients for Nationwide ProAccount®. Nationwide’s payments made to IAFF-FC are not affected by whether an entity’s member chooses to include the Nationwide ProAccount option in its deferred compensation plan or whether a plan participant elects the service.